BR Video Tutorials

Exciting new Business Rules announcements!
(Outgoing messages only)

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

laurajs5

BR Video Tutorials

Post by laurajs5 »

Just FYI, there is a growing series of BR video tutorials available here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvO6oi ... LI3OOr2Zjw
There's two themes: Fileio/Screenio and Beginners tutorials. The series is just beginning and it's just basic stuff so far, but there will be a few new ones each week.
rvancura

Re: BR Video Tutorials

Post by rvancura »

That is great, Laura! I just subscribed.
Ryan Vancura
Gabriel

Re: BR Video Tutorials

Post by Gabriel »

New Tutorial Video Posted about ScreenIO advanced techniques: How to write a complete program, integrated into your system, in less then an hour. (It took me 20 minutes to write it the first time, but the tutorial video goes a little slower because I stop to explain everything.)

This tutorial shows how to work with Combo Boxes, how to work with Date Fields, how to work with ScreenIO Custom Functions, how to use the Generate Screen Wizard to quickly get a starting point for your new program, and basic ScreenIO Screen Design Techniques. It also covers how to create a new data file using fileio, how to work with file layouts, how to use the Data Crawler to test layouts, check data, and even fix problems in your data files, and how to use fileio's automatic data file updating feature.

The subject of the tutorial is a simple program that I added to my backoffice software to keep track of business travel. I'll be showing how I built it and integrated it within my existing system, but the same techniques apply to writing programs that run in your systems.

This tutorial is designed for people with some familiarity with BR programming.

Post your questions here or on the video, and I'll do my best to answer them. Also, if you post ideas for future screenio tutorials, I will try to record another at some point.

In order to read the text clearly, you'll want to watch this video at its full resolution of 720p. Pause the video if you want to look closely at the source code and I go to fast.

http://youtu.be/UmuLccAO-RA

Gabriel