Contract Work or Code for Purchase?

Exciting new Business Rules announcements!
(Outgoing messages only)

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

mluchterhand

Contract Work or Code for Purchase?

Post by mluchterhand »

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone might be looking for some potential contract work. Our current BR product has served us well for many years, but it has come to the point where the management at my company is looking for two pretty big changes for us to be able to compete better in our industry (truck leasing/repair). We have looked at other software solutions and even though they offer a lot of bells and whistles we would greatly miss the customization, reliability, and cost of BR. I know BR can easily accommodate our needs, but the big problems I have is limited time and fairly limited programming experience. I am hoping one of you might be in the market to help out and make some extra money. This work could be done fairly easily remotely though we are not against on site help. Without going into a large amount of detail the basic description of the project is as follows:
[*]We don't currently have a good way of tracking our parts inventory at our various locations. We would ideally be looking for something that supports basic bar code scanners with the ability to check in/check out parts.
[*]We track vehicle repairs through work orders which essentially list the complaint, cause, and correction of the repair. These also include the parts needed to make the repairs. Currently, this process is heavily paper based. Essentially we would be looking to move this towards a more efficient semi-paperless routine. We would also like this to tie into the parts inventory mentioned above.

We are running BR 4.3 client-server with Linux server. All of our clients are Windows based. I can certainly provide much more information regarding the project if anyone is interested in learning more.

I have asked a few developers at the past few conferences about potential contract work and it seems almost everyone is facing one of my similar challenges (limited time). So, if no one has the time to tackle such a project I was also wondering if maybe anyone has written something similar in the past? If you have, would you be willing to sell your source code to us? Having a similar program I feel I am competent enough to modify the code to our needs and get a working product much faster than me attempting to build something from scratch.

Thanks in advance. Please contact me at mluchterhand@brownlease.com if you are interested in the contract work or if you would be willing to sell something that might help which you wrote in the past.
Thanks - Matt Luchterhand
gordon

Re: Contract Work or Code for Purchase?

Post by gordon »

Do you use FileIO?
John

Post by John »

(message deleted)
Last edited by John on Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowman
mluchterhand

Post by mluchterhand »

Hi Everyone,

I greatly appreciate all the responses I received. I will be reaching out to everyone who responded in the order I was contacted.

Gordon, we have all of our files populated in FileIO but it is primarily just used for the data crawler. I envision this project being an entirely new set of data files for us so would be willing to use both FileIO and ScreenIO.

Thanks again everyone.
Thanks - Matt Luchterhand