2020 BRG Conference Cancelled

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

2020 BRG Conference Cancelled

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

It is with regret that I announce the cancellation of the 2020 BRG Conference in San Antonio. With the current wave of COVID19 infections increasing at exponential and alarming rates, and local health departments across the country declaring states of emergency and cautioning against non-essential travel, we feel that this is the best decision. There were already a significant number of our "regular" attenders who were not going to attend in light of this development. According to the CDC and the NIH, this virus is expected to spike between March and May, putting our conference right in the middle of it.

If you have already made hotel reservations, I will leave you to cancel those. If you have made plane reservations, please contact your airline. Some are waiving change fees and/or cancellation fees and one Senator is currently pressuring the airlines to do even more. This article was posted yesterday: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/these ... 2020-03-03

Gordon is planning to host an online event at some point, so you will still have an opportunity to hear about the latest in Business Rules. Secondly, no BRG dues for 2020 will be charged so hopefully that helps a little bit too.

I'm sorry everybody. But we will reconvene at another time. Take care of yourselves and wash your hands often!

-- Susan
John

Re: 2020 BRG Conference Cancelled

Post by John »

Maybe the conference could just be a big video conference call this year.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

That's what we're talking about, John. I think Gordon would like to do that.

-- Susan
gordon

Post by gordon »

If anyone has lost money by registering at this year's conference ( air fare etc. ), and cannot get their money refunded, I will give them a credit for that amount toward future purchases from Business Rules Corp. No one should lose money from such a turn of events because they are loyal to Business Rules.

Yes. We should and will plan a webinar. Most likely mid-year.