Conference Hotel Information

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Conference Hotel Information

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

The hotel is ready to accept reservations for our conference! Here are some details:

Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown
601 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California 92101
1-619-239-2400

Our group name is The Business Rules Group and our Group Code for reservations is TBR

The conference dates are April 28-30. Our group rate, which is $159 per night, is available from April 24th through May 1st for those who would like to stay over a few extra days for vacation. If you want to stay later than May 1st, contact me and I'll see what I can do to get that rate extended further.

The Embassy Suites features 2-room suites, which include a complimentary made-to-order hot breakfast and an early evening manager's reception which features drinks (alcoholic and not) as well as light snacks. This is a large Embassy Suites which houses it's own restaurant, PFC Bar & Grill, a convenience store, a Starbucks, and room service from 11am-10pm. If you are renting a car, there is a $29 per day fee for valet parking (no self-parking is available).

The hotel has a fitness room, pool and spa, and wireless internet. For the internet access, you will probably need a code to avoid paying for it. I will get that when I arrive, so if you get there, can't find me, and need the code to get on the internet without charge, call me (818) 203-7637.

IMPORTANT: Note that there is no Embassy Suites shuttle from the airport! When you get to the airport, go outside to the transportation concierge and that person can guide you. You can pick up one of the local shuttles which, when I spot-checked, run about $10 to get downtown to our hotel (about 3 miles from the airport), or there are taxis which are in the $10-15 range.

To book your room, you can use our group code of TBR on the reservations page for the San Diego Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown

OR you can go to this link:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/g ... .mc_id=POG

Our room block will be released on April 5th, so please don't wait til the last minute.

Note that our conference officially begins at 8:00am on Thursday, April 28th.

Did I leave anything out? If so, give me a holler. I can't wait to see everybody! It's been a whole year!

-- Susan