2011 Business Rules Group Conference

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

ANNOUNCING....

April 28-30, 2011
San Diego, CA

It's time to register for the 2011 Business Rules Group conference!

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BRGROUP CONFERENCE in 2011 and it may be the only conference on the west coast for the foreseeable future. Don't miss the opportunity!

Where:
Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown
601 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California 92101
1-619-239-2400

When:
Thursday April 28 through Saturday April 30 (half day)

Cost:
Free to current 2011 BRGroup members, $350 to non-members

Conference Registration
The registration form is attached to this message.
Registration forms will be due no later than March 31, 2011. If you are a paid BRG Member (and therefore don't need to pay for the conference), please Email your form to me (Susan) at susan@creativelyspeaking.net. It's a Word form. You can just fill it in, save it and EMail the doc file to me. If you haven't paid your 2011 dues or are ordering conference materials, then your registration form and check should be mailed to the address on the form.

Hotel Reservations
In additional to mailing your conference registration form, you need to book your hotel room.
Our group room rate is $159 per nite.

The Embassy Suites features 2-room suites, which include a complimentary made-to-order hot breakfast and an early evening manager's reception which features drinks (alcoholic and not) as well as light snacks. This is a large Embassy Suites which houses it's own restaurant, PFC Bar & Grill, a convenience store, a Starbucks, and room service from 11am-10pm. If you are renting a car, there is a $29 per day fee for valet parking (no self-parking is available).

The hotel has a fitness room, pool and spa, and wireless internet. For the internet access, you will probably need a code to avoid paying for it. I will get that when I arrive, so if you get there, can't find me, and need the code to get on the internet without charge, call me (818) 203-7637.

IMPORTANT: Note that there is no Embassy Suites shuttle from the airport! When you get to the airport, go outside to the transportation concierge and that person can guide you. You can pick up one of the local shuttles which, when I spot-checked, run about $10 to get downtown to our hotel (about 3 miles from the airport), or there are taxis which are in the $10-15 range.

To book your room, you can use our group code of TBR on the reservations page for the San Diego Embassy Suites San Diego Bay - Downtown

OR you can go to this link:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/g ... .mc_id=POG

Our room block will be released on April 5th, so please don't wait til the last minute.

Note that our conference officially begins at 8:00am on Thursday, April 28th.

** Please make your hotel reservations directly with Embassy Suites using our group code or the link, rather than using an outside travel service. We have to meet a minimum guaranteed number of rooms in order to avoid hefty penalties, and your reservation won't count toward our guarantee if you book elsewhere.

The conference dates are April 28-30. Our group rate, which is $159 per night, is available from April 24th through May 1st for those who would like to stay over a few extra days for vacation. If you want to stay later than May 1st, contact me and I'll see what I can do to get that rate extended further.

Lunch on Thursday and Friday will be provided by the BRGroup and will be catered at the hotel. We are on our own for dinner, but there are many options nearby and I'm sure we'll have a great time out on the town.

IMPORTANT:

1. The last conference day (Saturday) is a half day only. 2½ days packed with information is the maximum that most people can absorb. In addition, this half-day schedule helps those who might prefer to head home early and avoid the cost of an extra hotel room on Saturday night.
2. Conference Materials will not be available for purchase to non-attendees who are not also BRGroup members (with 2011 dues paid up). We REALLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO ATTEND!! The meetings have so much more to offer everyone when we have a large group. But if you cannot attend the conference and want a conference book and flash drive, the registration form includes options to JOIN the BRGroup and also to order conference materials. These orders are due by March 31th - the same day that conference registration closes. Late orders cannot be guaranteed. There is only one production run of the books and drives.

If you have any questions, please Email me!

-- Susan Smith
Attachments
BRG Registration Form 2011f.doc
This is a Word form. You can fill it out on screen, save the file and send it back to me. Checks need to be mailed to the address on the form.

PLEASE do include your cell phone and estimated time and date of arrival when you fill out the form.
(70 KiB) Downloaded 475 times