Soliciting presenters for the conference

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Soliciting presenters for the conference

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

I thought I'd better explain. I'd like to do things a little differently for this conference. We have some topics already planned for you, as is always the case, but I'd like to open up the field a bit and encourage EVERYONE (who wants to) to present a short topic at the conference. With the new features added to BR since last year, we have some wonderful opportunities for some shorter, more specific, presentations that may appeal to those of you who normally might not want to commit (or over-commit) yourselves. Or perhaps this is the first time you may have considered presenting and you don't want to bite off too much. This is your conference! Some of these topics only require a few minutes of explanation.

Are you using an older version of BR and so can't try out these new features? Yes you can! We are all entitled to a free developer's copy of BR 4.3, so if you aren't using it yet and would like to jump in and try a few of these new features (or you are already using some of them), I encourage you to share with your fellow group members. Remember that this isn't a BR school. We are all sharing what we know, or are willing to figure out, so that that collectively, we all benefit.

BR 4.3 can be run in Client Server mode OR standard mode. I just loaded it on my "single" computer (no network, no Client Server), and it's running fine with my old code. The only snag I ran into is a few shell calls that I have to change. So even if you aren't ready for Client Server, you can try this version. Quite a few of your fellow developers are using it already.

Please look through the list of topics that I've been posting in this section and see if you might be willing to step forward and help out at the conference. View it as a challenge to learn something new. And if you have questions or need a little help, ASK AWAY! Nobody bites around here (that I know of).

Thanks.

-- Susan