BRG Conference - Book your hotel room!

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

BRG Conference - Book your hotel room!

Post by Susan Smith »

Don't forget to book your hotel reservations for the 2013 BRG Conference in Boston!

Go to the Embassy Suites website:

http://www.embassysuites-bostonlogan.com/

or you can go to the main site and look up our particular property: Boston-Logan Airport Embassy Suites. There is a phone number on the website that you can call if you prefer to book that way.

Use the group code BRG please. This gives us credit for the # of rooms we have promised the hotel in return for the prices we are given on our meeting room and such.

Note that there are TWO Boston area Embassy Suites locations. We're at the Boston-Logan Airport location.

The hotel is pretty close to the airport, but there is an Embassy Suites shuttle that you can take from your arrival gate to the hotel. It was free the last time we were there, but the drivers always appreciate tips.

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

An important note about renting a car...

You can traverse Boston quite successfully on their subway system (known as the "T"). However, IF you plan to rent a car, it's gonna cost you dearly. You cannot self park at our hotel and the valet charge is $35 per day. Ouch! It's gone up from what it was ($29 I believe) the last time we were there. So you may want to reconsider your plans to rent a car unless you don't mind dropping that $35 per day to the hotel.

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

This is the local information for our hotel:

Embassy Suites Boston - at Logan Airport
207 Porter Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02128
phone: 1-617-567-5000
PJKLUG

Car Rental in Boston

Post by PJKLUG »

Susan Smith wrote:An important note about renting a car...

You can traverse Boston quite successfully on their subway system (known as the "T"). However, IF you plan to rent a car, it's gonna cost you dearly. You cannot self park at our hotel and the valet charge is $35 per day. Ouch! It's gone up from what it was ($29 I believe) the last time we were there. So you may want to reconsider your plans to rent a car unless you don't mind dropping that $35 per day to the hotel.

-- Susan
There is a car rental lot directly across the street from the hotel. The last time I was there I just called and rented a car and walked across the street and picked it up. I dropped it off when I was done. Who knows, they may even let you use the rental lot for parking. I can't remember what rental company it was but the hotel should know.

Pete
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

That's a GREAT hint Pete! So you just rent your car for the day and return it at night. And if the car rental place WILL let you park your (their) car there at night, you can keep it for the length of the trip with no need to park at the $35 Embassy Suites valet lot.

Thanks!

-- Susan