BRG Conference

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

BRG Conference

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Welcome back! We've been out of touch for a long time with the forum down since November! And it's time to get rolling on the conference. I'm going to be posting information about registration shortly (probably early next week). But just so you can get a head start:

The conference is Thursday-Saturday May 1-3, 2014 in San Antonio Texas. It's at the same hotel that we were at in 2012 (on the Riverwalk). We will dismiss early each day (after a long morning session) just as we have for the past two conferences. Everyone seems to love that format and it allows you to have the rest of the day for sightseeing and vacationing. (Maybe a trip to the Alamo?) This time, our San Antonio conference will NOT be held during Fiesta Week so hopefully, the lines for restaurants and such won't be nearly as crazy, nor should there be all of that "Mardi Gras" style noise in the streets all night. Those Texans take their Fiestas very seriously you know! LOL!

In case you want to start looking into plane fares and hotel reservations, here is what you need to know:

The hotel is the Drury Plaza at the San Antonio Riverwalk. There are two Drury hotels, but only one Drury PLAZA. (The other one that we are NOT using is called the Drury Suites. Don't get confused.) Here is the info:

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
105 South St. Mary's Street
San Antonio, TX 78205
(210) 270-7799

Our booking link is http://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations ... no=2188477

The rate for Wednesday night through Friday is $ 134.95 - a LOWER rate than last time! Yahoo! If you have 3 or more people per room, they may charge an additional $10 per person. I believe that we have reserved enough rooms at that rate for our group. But if you try to make reservations and don't see rooms available at the group rate, contact me please. I will get it straightened out for you. And if you plan to come early or stay late for a little vacationing, they will honor those rates for a few days before and after the conference. Again, contact me if you run into any snags.

I will get registration forms out as soon as I get a chance and I will post that information here in the forum.

-- Susan