2015 BRG Conference - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

2015 BRG Conference - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

There is some major news about our 2015 BRG Conference. First of all, we have some significant schedule conflicts with some key personnel (like presenters), so we are unable to have our conference at the usual time in the spring. The conference has been moved to the fall (shades of the past for our group!) This will only be for 2015. The dates of the conference are October 1-3 in San Diego at the Embassy Suites (same location as 2011). We will be dismissed early each day as we have been for the past few conferences, so you will be able to check out and get home on a Saturday flight if you don't want to stay over until Sunday.

The room rates are higher at this time of year because it is convention season. The guest room rate is $239 per night - about $60 per night higher than the group rate for the spring. So if you check in on Wednesday and out on Saturday, this will cost you another $180 (plus applicable taxes). If this is a stretch for you, keep in mind that these suites also have a living room with a sofa bed, so it's a lot easier to share rooms if need be.

We have to commit to a room count as part of the contract negotiation. So I need to know how many rooms we are going to need. Can you ALL please respond to me (either here or via email) if you intend to come to the conference AND whether you will be sharing a room or going it alone? Time is of the essence to sign the contract to guarantee our conference room availability, so please get back to me quickly. Thanks very much everybody!

-- Susan