Conference - hotel last call

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Conference - hotel last call

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Has everyone made their hotel reservations for the BRG Conference in San Diego? (Conference dates are Oct 1-3). Next week is the deadline to decrease our room block (the number of rooms they are holding for us). If we have reserved rooms but do not use them, we have to pay for them anyway! So we want to avoid that! There is a small window of time left (a few days) to do an adjustment before we are committed.

There are other messages in the conferences section of this forum that have the links to the reservation page as well as phone numbers if you want to reserve by phone. Here is a link to that info: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=802

If you are sharing a room, please let me know. Obviously, that affects the number of rooms we need.

If you have any issues or questions, please contact me ASAP and let's talk.

Thanks.
Susan Smith

Re: Conference - hotel last call

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Let me follow up here about the hotel reservations for the San Diego conference. I got a booking list today from the hotel, and there are only 10 reservations on it. So that means that either we have a very small group coming this time, that a lot of people are sharing rooms, or that some of you THINK you have a reservation but do not.

These are the names that I received:

David B
John B
Gordon (2 rooms)
Pete
Matt
Doug
Susan (me)
Mike S
George

If your name is not here, but you are coming, could you please let me know? If you are sharing a room, tell me that and if you still have to make your reservation AND YOU INTEND TO, let me know that ASAP. I have to give the hotel a final count tomorrow so that we aren't committed to paying for rooms in our block that are not used. If I don't know that you intend to make a reservation, I may give away your room tomorrow!

-- Susan