Location and Dates for 2016 BRG Conference

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Location and Dates for 2016 BRG Conference

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your response to the survey that I sent out. After compiling the information, I can tell you...drum roll please...

The 2016 Business Rules Group Conference will be held
May 19-21, 2016
Drury Plaza Riverwalk Hotel
San Antonio, TX

This is the same hotel that we have been to TWICE: in 2012 and 2014. Unfortunately, according to the surveys, one person will not be available that week. I'm so sorry. But there were even MORE people unavailable on the other two dates that we had to choose from. We did the best we could and also weighted the responses with your rankings. This date was the clear winner. So put it on your calendars!

The group rate for the guest rooms is $129.99 per night! I know that you all will be happy about that! It includes complimentary breakfast, wireless internet, nightly kickback at5:30pm (manager's reception with snacks and drinks), and soda and popcorn in the lobby from 3pm-10pm. We are right on the Riverwalk and most everything is within walking distance. For those who haven't been there before, the Drury Plaza, one of two Drurys at the Riverwalk, is located in the historic Alamo bank building. It's a gorgeous building with the original brass elevators, beautiful ceiling architecture in the lobby, original bank vaults on display behind glass in the basement area, a central spiral staircase, and a rooftop swimming pool and spa that overlook the city. It is a beautiful place to hang out in the evenings!

I am finalizing the hotel contract as we speak. And when the link is available to book your rooms, I will post that.

The BRG dues invoices will be sent out after the first of the year and your paid dues is your ticket to the conference. No other payment is needed, other than your transportation to San Antonio and hotel accommodations. There is no free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel (about 10 miles), but I don't recall the taxi fee being all that high. I will send out registration forms probably in late February or early March.

Holler if you have any questions. Let's get the party started!

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Re: Location and Dates for 2016 BRG Conference

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi everybody,

I have a link to book your hotel rooms for the conference now.
https://www.druryhotels.com/Reservation ... no=2263339

More information to come when I have it!

-- Susan

Drury Plaza Hotel San Antonio Riverwalk
105 South St. Mary's Street San Antonio, TX 78205
Telephone: (210) 270-7799

FREE HOT QUIKSTART ® Breakfast – At Drury, “hot” means fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and more.

FREE 5:30 KICKBACK® – From 5:30-7:00 pm each evening, kick back, relax and enjoy a rotating menu of hot foods and cold beverages.

FREE Free Long Distance - One hour every room every night.

FREE Wireless Internet Access – High speed Internet in all rooms and the lobby.

FREE Soda and Popcorn – From 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm every night in the lobby.

Plus much more!!

Please make your reservations by Saturday, April 16, 2016 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability.

Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to your group number.