2017 BRG Conference in Boston!

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

2017 BRG Conference in Boston!

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

Guess what?! It's Business Rules Group conference time!

Business Rules Group 2017 Conference
Boston - Embassy Suites Hotel - Boston-Logan Airport location
207 Porter St, Boston, MA 02128
Thursday and Friday April 20th and 21st, 2017

Note that the conference is Thursday and Friday (NOT SATURDAY). We will try to have two full days of conference material, eat a catered lunch in the hotel each day and then dismiss at the end of the day in time for happy hour. (Remember that there is no FREE alcohol in Massachusetts. Sorry.) This two-day schedule change was in response to YOUR input and was also designed to minimize hotel costs if you would like to check out on Friday without missing any conference presentations. So no more Saturday conference day this time around - we will re-evaluate this at the end of the conference and see how you liked the change.

Hotel rate and Extended stays:
The group rate is $209 per night - a little less than the last time we were there in 2013. Our group rate can be extended for several days before and after our event (subject to room availability) in case you'd like to stay over and do some touristing (I plan to!). Our reserved room block consists of 15 King rooms for Wednesday & Thursday nights. If you need a room for additional dates or we run out of rooms at the group rate for the conference days, just contact me. I can get rooms ADDED, but I can't easily subtract them. We do not have any RESERVED double rooms. There may be a few available (possibly at a little higher rate), but I need to handle this individually. Please let me know if you need help. Note that Embassy Suites have 2-room suites with a pull-out sofa in the living room, so that is also an option if you are bringing family members with you to vacation.

The Group code for the group rate is BRG.

You can book online http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/index.html
or by calling their reservations number (617) 567-5000

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Re: 2017 BRG Conference in Boston!

Post by Susan Smith »

Hello everybody,

The hotel room block for our conference will be released on March 27th. After that, you will not get the group rate. Only a few of you have made your room reservations so far, so this is a reminder that the deadline is approaching! See the first message in this thread for the details. Thanks!

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Re: 2017 BRG Conference in Boston!

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi all,

I hope our BRG regulars are getting these messages. Our room block will be released two weeks from today and only a few of you have made your hotel reservations. Please do that right away.

I am attaching the BRG Conference registration form to this message. Please send it in right away so I know how many people to expect. If you have already paid your dues, you can send the form electronically to me at the email address on the form. If you still need to pay your 2017 dues, send the form with your check to the mailing address on the form.

I need to know who is coming ASAP because I have to tell the hotel how many lunches to order. Also, if we do not have as many people as we originally expected, they will move us to a smaller conference room and those decisions will be made when the room block is released on March 27th. If you are bringing guests who would like to eat lunch with us, please let me know how many guests and which days - either here or via email.

Thanks!

-- Susan
Attachments
BRG Registration Form 2017.pdf
PDF version of the registration form
(59.28 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
BRG Registration Form 2017.docx
MS Word version of the registration form
(38.76 KiB) Downloaded 562 times