[BR_forum] brwiki.net - let's work together

Information and discussion about the BR Wiki.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

John

Post by John »

(delete me)
Attachments
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (20.51 KiB) Viewed 11029 times
Last edited by John on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowman
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Yes, now that we have the wiki, I still often get frustrated that commands are underdocumented, but then I realise that its my responsibility to fix them when they are undocumented.

Its still frustrating sometimes looking for some arcane piece of BR knowledge but it does seem to get better every time I look at it, slowly but surely.

Gabriel

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM, John Bowman wrote:

Many commands and statements on the wiki still suck too…   if you encounter any please correct them.  And use the release notes on the wiki because there we can correct the grammar, examples, add explanations, etc.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 10:39 AM
To: 'Business Rules Forum'
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] CAPTION=

Yeah I had a syntax error on another part of the line that I was trying to implement it with… when I sent that reply.   A little of my frustration with ADS having statements in their manual..  with no W!O!R!K!I!N!G! example…   I don’t know how many times I have looked at a new feature in the RELEASE NOTES and spent days just trying to make it work for the first time…  because there was no complete WORKING example included.     Okay off my soapbox..

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of John Bowman
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:30 AM

The two examples I gave should have worked.  The #0 should be optional.  I use the command often.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 10:23 AM

Never Mind this worked… 

10 PRINT #0, BORDER: “MAPP2 – TEST”

Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:13 AM

Thanks John…  Got some working example usage code.. as the book or wiki have none that I can find.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of John Bowman
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 8:58 AM

Print border: “Caption”

a.k.a. 

pr b ‘caption’

-john

Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:55 AM
Subject: [BR_forum] CAPTION=

In the below image you can see where I have set a caption of ‘MAPP2 – Main Menu – ver 2.0.090505’

I am setting this in the OPEN #0.    For some reason I thought I recalled another way to change that without having to do an OPEN #0.   We are seeing performance issues over remote connection, one of them being complete screen redraws when there is an OPEN #0,  I want to retain the functionality of describing what menu they are on in the APP in the CAPTION,  but I want to eliminate the re-draw.   Anybody find a function that lets you change that CAPTION without doing an OPEN #0?

Attachments
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (20.51 KiB) Viewed 11029 times