[BR_forum] Wiki and Legacy ADS documentation (was Rows in Gr

Information and discussion about the BR Wiki.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Why don't you just create a page for "release notes and other reference docs" and just cut & paste the contents there for now without parsing it into sections. (or put it on it's own page and then have a "master page" that would like to it and other ADS docs like that) Then, at least it would become instantly searchable with the rest of the wiki.

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Me neither – the first step would be to better place it on the wiki – and then we could carve at it over time… putting it on the wiki is a rather large job, that’s why I skipped it. Do you think once we’ve done that – that we should remove it from the FTP, because the ftp’s version will quickly grow out of date?

-john

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:39 AM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] Rows in Grids

I'm open to blending New Console.doc into many wiki subjects. I just don't have the time myself.

gordon

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM, John Bowman <gothnerd@gmail.com (gothnerd@gmail.com)> wrote:
gordon perhaps we should move that from new console.doc to the List and Grid page of brwiki.net... it seems like a more logical place for that information, i think. also i notice that new console.doc itself on brwiki needs additional help.

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Larry <ltietz@verizon.net (ltietz@verizon.net)> wrote:
There's a lot of great stuff here, once you "get" it.
And, it's really easy once it sinks in !!

Thanks !!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf

Of George Tisdale
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:43 AM

PRINT #0,FIELDS LISTSPEC$&",attr": (MAT RS, MAT RE, MAT RA$)
Where RS is the RowStart RE is the RowEnd and RA$ is the attribute to
assign to each group.

You have specified a GRID so RS and RA refers to CELL NUMBER

RS(1) then would be =(4*8)+1
RE(1) then would be =(4*8)+8
RA$(1) then could be ="[RED]"

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

-----Original Message-----
From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On
Behalf Of Larry
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 6:13 AM
To: 'Business Rules Forum'
Subject: [BR_forum] Rows in Grids

If I had a grid displaying 14 rows of 8 columns of data (there are
actually
150 rows of data in the mats - and I have 8 separate mats of data) and
would
like to display rows 4,7,10 in a different color, what is the syntax?

I know it was covered at the conference (Gabriel's tutorial on grids),
but I
can't read my notes and I can't decipher George's fine example for
dealing
with individual cells.

John

Post by John »

We do have pages for each release notes. We have pages for most other reference docs. See also category:ftp.ads.net

Some pages take more time to migrate to the wiki – see for example – new console.doc on the wiki.

I think category implementation may be better than the “master page” approach, it’s certainly easier to maintain.
Last edited by John on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

I went and looked, and I see that you're just linking to an external copy of "new console.doc" from the wiki link. Perhaps it's a lot harder than I thought, but I assumed that you could just copy and paste the existing text from newconsole.doc AS IS and paste it into the wiki TEMPORARILY without parsing it or dividing it up amongst other pages FOR NOW. Then the raw text would become instantly searchable from the wiki search.

But I take it that you cannot do that? I realize that it wouldn't be AS GOOD as the nicely formatted pages elsewhere in the wiki, but at least the newconsole.doc's contents would be embedded in the wiki.

Sorry for my ignorance. I really don't know what is involved.

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:
v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
We do have pages for each release notes. We have pages for most other reference docs. See also category:ftp.ads.net

Some pages take more time to migrate to the wiki – see for example – new console.doc on the wiki.

I think category implementation may be better than the “master page” approach, it’s certainly easier to maintain.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Susan Smith
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:58 AM
Subject: [BR_forum] Wiki and Legacy ADS documentation (was Rows in Grids)

Why don't you just create a page for "release notes and other reference docs" and just cut & paste the contents there for now without parsing it into sections. (or put it on it's own page and then have a "master page" that would like to it and other ADS docs like that) Then, at least it would become instantly searchable with the rest of the wiki.

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:
Me neither – the first step would be to better place it on the wiki – and then we could carve at it over time… putting it on the wiki is a rather large job, that’s why I skipped it. Do you think once we’ve done that – that we should remove it from the FTP, because the ftp’s version will quickly grow out of date?

-john

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye

I'm open to blending New Console.doc into many wiki subjects. I just don't have the time myself.

gordon

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM, John Bowman <gothnerd@gmail.com (gothnerd@gmail.com)> wrote:
gordon perhaps we should move that from new console.doc to the List and Grid page of brwiki.net... it seems like a more logical place for that information, i think. also i notice that new console.doc itself on brwiki needs additional help.

John

Post by John »

Yes – now that you’ve seen the source document – it’s clear that the raw text is deficient w/o the pictures also… much more work to do both – but with the google doc in place we can do part of it at a time and remove it from the google doc as it’s added to the wiki.

Hopefully one day I’ll get that sun wiki publisher (that’ll allow you to edit wiki pages with pix in open office) to work and then it’ll just be a matter of cut and paste J

-john
Last edited by John on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Ahh... I see now. I didn't realize that you couldn't just cut and paste EVERYTHING including the graphics all at once (a la MS Word). That explains it.

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Yes – now that you’ve seen the source document – it’s clear that the raw text is deficient w/o the pictures also… much more work to do both – but with the google doc in place we can do part of it at a time and remove it from the google doc as it’s added to the wiki.

Hopefully one day I’ll get that sun wiki publisher (that’ll allow you to edit wiki pages with pix in open office) to work and then it’ll just be a matter of cut and paste J

-john

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Susan Smith
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] Wiki and Legacy ADS documentation (was Rows in Grids)

I went and looked, and I see that you're just linking to an external copy of "new console.doc" from the wiki link. Perhaps it's a lot harder than I thought, but I assumed that you could just copy and paste the existing text from newconsole.doc AS IS and paste it into the wiki TEMPORARILY without parsing it or dividing it up amongst other pages FOR NOW. Then the raw text would become instantly searchable from the wiki search.

But I take it that you cannot do that? I realize that it wouldn't be AS GOOD as the nicely formatted pages elsewhere in the wiki, but at least the newconsole.doc's contents would be embedded in the wiki.

Sorry for my ignorance. I really don't know what is involved.

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:

Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:58 AM
Subject: [BR_forum] Wiki and Legacy ADS documentation (was Rows in Grids)

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:

-john

gordon