Automatic Reply-To Link

Discussion about non-BR issues : Operating Systems, Networking issues and other non-BR related software products (AutoIt, other open source recommendations, etc)

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin

Gabriel

Automatic Reply-To Link

Post by Gabriel »

When you get messages as emails from the original forum, it is important to reply to the message directly on the forum itself, to ensure that the reply goes into the correct thread.

To make it easier for you to reply to BR_Forum messages correctly, the forum has been updated to include a link back to the original message.

So now you don't have to worry about navigating to the forum and searching for the proper message to reply to. You can just click the link below, and voila, you're there!

Gabriel
gtisdale

Post by gtisdale »

Much easier solution. Thanks Gabriel! :D
gordon

Post by gordon »

This is GREAT!
We can reply on the new forum by hitting a reply link in the message itself, and then hitting PostReply on the forum.

Note that when posting a reply, Subject should be left blank.
John

Post by John »

awesome - It's great that you did this, because I simply wasn't going to do the all that searching and replying thing anyway - it was just too much. this isn't so bad.

now all we need is for emails to the forum to send a rejection reply so that people don't try to reply via email anymore as they are accustomed to. Or is that perfectly acceptable too? What's the difference?
John Bowman
gordon

Post by gordon »

One thing that this changes for me, is now I can begin to delete all of the forum emails I get because they are being saved in a searchable area. Up to now I was saving them for reference.
Larry TIetz

Post by Larry TIetz »

Vast improvement, I am not sure I have it figured out, so this is a test
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

gtisdale wrote:Much easier solution. Thanks Gabriel! :D
Don't thank me, thank Chris! He's the one that figured out how to do it. :)

Gabriel
Larry TIetz

Post by Larry TIetz »

I never saw George's Posting ON the new forum on the old forum. Did anyone else get George's posting on the old forum?
John

Post by John »

Larry - I can confirm did not see george's post (containing "Much easier solution. Thanks Gabriel!") in my email - only on the brforum.ads.net.
John Bowman