Wiki Down?

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

mluchterhand

Wiki Down?

Post by mluchterhand »

Is anyone else having issues with the Wiki? I have tried from a couple different browsers and I am seeing a lot of error messages at the top of the page. I have attached a screenshot of the errors I'm seeing in case it is helpful to anyone. Thanks.
Attachments
2016-08-19 11_00_50-Br Wiki.png
2016-08-19 11_00_50-Br Wiki.png (201.76 KiB) Viewed 24075 times
Thanks - Matt Luchterhand
mluchterhand

Re: Wiki Down?

Post by mluchterhand »

I also got two errors while originally making this post. It seemed to post correctly to the Forum but I don't think the e-mail is generating. I noticed I haven't got e-mails from the last couple Forum posts. The errors were:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_messenger.php on line 1424: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`server.brulescorp.com' did not match expected CN=`mail.brulescorp.com'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 2360: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi Matt,

I just checked in here at 5:48pm PST Aug 19th and didn't have any problems at all getting in, but I DID get errors when trying to post. I hope Gordon will see this. It's over my head. Sorry.

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

The wiki is down for me too. I get the same errors. I have since the Aug 19th. 8:20am EST. I've emailed Gordon directly about it a few times but not have gotten any response.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Hey everybody, I have an update on the wiki and forum situation:

I spoke to Gordon today on the phone (the Business Rules office phone number 248-619-0400 rings through to his cell phone) and here is the deal...

The website, hosted by Bluehost, that houses the wiki and the forum was upgraded a few weeks ago but there are some PHP compatibility issues that need to be resolved. Gordon was working on that, but had a bit of a bicycle accident that sidelined him and he will address the website issues as soon as he can. It could be as early as a day or two, or perhaps a little longer depending upon his personal situation.

I am sure that you all wish him well in his recovery, as I do, and hopefully he will be back on his feet LITERALLY very soon!

-- Susan
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

One thing to add: When you post a message here in the forum (until the website is fixed anyway), you WILL get errors when you submit the message. However, it DOES post successfully. Just something to know.

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

Thanks for the update, Susan.
John Bowman
John

Post by John »

It appears that the main page is up today. But all content beyond the main page seems to fail. Category system works, but no content on any of the pages.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

John, you're having better luck than I am then. I still can't get into anything - even page headers. It was rather frustrating yesterday when I needed to use that wiki. Instead, I had to do things another way because I couldn't get in. I hope this is fixed soon.

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

Yeah - it's terrible. I use the wiki all the time - nearly every time I encounter an error (which, saddly, is often) and I haven't been able to look up errors for almost two weeks. Fortunately, I remember what most of the numbers mean, but others get a little sticky.

I suppose that this down time has made me appreciate the brwiki more. I just wish the down time would be over already.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

I'm with you John. I didn't realize how much I use the wiki until it wasn't available. I have found myself needing to do things a different way several times this week already because I couldn't access the wiki to figure out something.

For BR error codes, I use David Blankenship's Helptips utility so that I can keep all of the error info available from a shortcut on my desktop. However, I don't think the error file has been updated recently so I'm sure there are some newer errors missing.

Hopefully, the wiki will be back on its feet very soon (and Gordon too).

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

could you share that tool here on the forum please?
John Bowman
mluchterhand

Post by mluchterhand »

I am really missing the Wiki as well. I rely on it heavily and it is very disappointing to see it down for this long. You would think bluehost would notify customers well in advance before making site-breaking changes. Wishing Gordon a speedy recovery.

I also use David's HelpTip utility for errors (I'd be lost without it). Looks like you can grab a copy of it on the FTP server John (you only need HelpTip.exe and errors.txt if I remember right). As Susan mentioned, the errors file may be out of date but it is much better than nothing. Link is below:

ftp://ftp.brulescorp.com/CONF/2007/Fall ... 20Updates/
John

Post by John »

Thank you, Matt!
John Bowman
John

Post by John »

Okay I found the one place that the category tree was used - on a page called "sandbox". This is a testing page and it won't load now. I think we could just delete this page and move on.
John Bowman