Conference AWPlite

More advanced topics discussed.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

gtisdale

Conference AWPlite

Post by gtisdale »

At the Boston conference David Blankenship gave us all a new facility. AWPlite form Atlantis Word Processing. This facility allows us to spellcheck a field or a textbox from within BR.

As always I have been playing with this and added a new function to FNSNAP.dll (new copy HAS been posted to the BRG_PUB directory of the FTP site under BRG_PUB.

My adaptation of Davids tool can be seen by using this test example

01000 LIBRARY ENV$("PD")&"vol002\fnsnap.dll": FNGETHANDLE,FNWINBUTTONS,FNAWPLITE$
01010 DIM A$*1000
01020 OPEN #(WINNO:=FNGETHANDLE): "srow=5,scol=5,rows=10,cols=40,parent=none, font.buttons=Arial:small",DISPLAY,OUTIN
01022 LET FNWINBUTTONS(0,"^F2:Spell Check ^Esc:End",WINNO)
01030 ENTER: RINPUT #WINNO,FIELDS "1,1,c 300": A$
01032 IF FKEY=2 THEN LET A$=FNAWPLITE$("Test Lite",10,40,300,"vol002\awlite.txt",A$) : GOTO ENTER
01040 IF NOT FKEY=99 THEN GOTO 1030
01050 CLOSE #WINNO:
01060 STOP

In order for this to work for you you will need to
1. Have FNSNAP.dll installed in a VOL002 directory under your WB directory
2. Have the files AWPLITE.exe and AWPLITE.INI from David's directory on the thumb drive copied into your VOL002 directory
3. Copy the SPELCHECK directory from David's thumb drive directory as a sub-directory under VOL002

The function in FNSNAP explains the purpose of the parameters in the function call.

The spell check will only work if EITHER you add something to the AWPlite box OR double click on the little book icon at the bottom of the spell check window. If you transfer text to the spell checker, but do not do one of these two action no spell checking will occur.

I'd be interested in ways in which this new tool are implemented by the members.

FNGeorge
Attachments
awlite.br
(2.12 KiB) Downloaded 498 times