The blue bar

More advanced topics discussed.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Gabriel

The blue bar

Post by Gabriel »

Does anyone know of a way in BR 4.2 to make the blue bar in a listview disappear, specifically if the listview is not active? I don't mind it being there when the listview is active and the user is selecting a row, but when the listview is just displaying data the blue bar gets in the way of the customer seeing the color of the data, and since the listview is not active, they can't even move it around to look underneath it.
gordon

Post by gordon »

4.20J doesn't display the bar until the first INPUT from the grid.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Nice! I'm updating them to 4.2j tonight!
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

That got me going for now.

There are two things about that change that would be really nice:

1) If you do an INPUT with NOWAIT, the blue bar still shows up. I was using NOWAIT to read how many rows are in each listview, so that i could set the attributes.

It would be really nice if INPUTting NOWAIT didn't make the blue bar show up, since the listview is not actually being input from.

For now I bypassed this by keeping track of how many rows are placed in the listviews in a big array. (This screen has 31 listviews on it).

2) After inputting from these listviews, they become inactive again. I really wish there was a way to make the blue bar go away. Oh, wait, I can get around this problem by redisplaying the listview. Thats what I'll do.

Anyway, just some useful thoughts.. i've got it working now.

Gabriel