Announcing: MyEditBR Training

Discussion about software products provided for the BR community and created by its members. This includes (but is not limited to): MyEdit, File IO, Screen IO, FNSnap, and Utilities written in other languages for use with Business Rules.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

rmills

Announcing: MyEditBR Training

Post by rmills »

Hello everyone,

I posted a question some time ago requesting a virtual show of hands for people who would be interested in getting some training in all things MyEditBR.

I'm pleased to announce that I now have the technology to hold on-line training courses.

What I would like you to do is tell me when would be good for you and if you prefer group or individualized training.

My system can handle up to 15 people at a time. Or I can provide one on one training.

My schedule is roughly as follows:

- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday - After 8:30 pm MST.
- Saturday, Sunday - After 8:00 pm MST
- There is also the possibility of running some training early Saturday mornings between 9am and 12 noon MST.

Please reply with your preferences and I'll be happy to try and accommodate as many people as possible.

Users with a valid support license for MyEditBR are entitled to receive this training free of charge. For all others a small fee will be charged.

Thanks,

Ryan Mills
Mills Enterprise Ltd.
MyEdit - BusinessRules Edition
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

I'm interested, but not sure if I can fit it in any time soon. I'm buried by a project with an unrealistic deadline.

On the other hand, I'm using MyEdit now (daily), but I'm clueless about many of its features, so training would be helpful. I'll let the rest of you decide on the time and then see if I can clear some space at that point to participate. I think this is a wonderful opportunity. Thanks for setting it up Ryan.

I have a MyEdit question, so I'll post that in a separate thread.

-- Susan
gordon

Post by gordon »

Yes Susan. You will want to learn how to use the debugger. It will save you significant time over using the BR console to bebug. Stepping through with the hover capability is a delight.
GomezL

Post by GomezL »

If I remember MST is 2 hours behind EST.

So EST it would be 10:30PM.

Still, I am looking forward to some training, count me in!
rmills

Post by rmills »

GomezL wrote:If I remember MST is 2 hours behind EST.

I have a problem making it any earlier during the week as my wife now works in the evenings and the girls are not in bed until 8pm.

Not every week, but definitely most weeks, I have one night / week where I could start as early as 6pm MST. Would that work better for you?

Ryan.
rmills

Post by rmills »

Susan Smith wrote:I'm interested, but not sure if I can fit it in any time soon. I'm buried by a project with an unrealistic deadline.

On the other hand, I'm using MyEdit now (daily), but I'm clueless about many of its features, so training would be helpful. I'll let the rest of you decide on the time and then see if I can clear some space at that point to participate. I think this is a wonderful opportunity. Thanks for setting it up Ryan.

I have a MyEdit question, so I'll post that in a separate thread.

-- Susan
We can definitely cover anything you want. Including the portable install, and multi-environment customizations.

I'm not saying I can cure all your ills in an hour or two but it sure couldn't hurt you any either! :)

Maybe a personal session would be of more benefit to you with your time constraints?

Ryan.
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Well, generally I like the group sessions for two reasons - people may mention things that I didn't think to ask. And it's a better use of your time that way too.

I'll work it out. If I can join the group session, great. I'll do that. But if not, and I have enough worthwhile questions to justify taking up your time with a personal session, I'll work that out with you later.

As for the portable install...that was for tomorrow morning, so I guess I will have to do without. I would have to prepare that tonight. I have an install at a client and I know I have some "issues" that we'll run across, so I was hoping to use MyEdit out there. I never know what workstation they will sit me at when I get there, so I wouldn't install MyEdit on their system. Plus, they don't like me to leave my stuff there anyway so I try to respect that.

It's okay. I didn't give a lot of notice. It was entirely 0my fault.

-- Susan
GomezL

Post by GomezL »

6PM is much better, but whatever you end up deciding is fine with me.
rmills wrote:
GomezL wrote:If I remember MST is 2 hours behind EST.

I have a problem making it any earlier during the week as my wife now works in the evenings and the girls are not in bed until 8pm.

Not every week, but definitely most weeks, I have one night / week where I could start as early as 6pm MST. Would that work better for you?

Ryan.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I'll be there.
James Lowman

Post by James Lowman »

I would be very interested! Just give me the time that would work for the most people.
Jamie
John

Post by John »

I'm interested.