Easy Precision

Discussion about printing issues and techniques.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

gordon

Easy Precision

Post by gordon »

When mapping data against a background image, many times the image doesn't line up on row and column boundaries. To incrementally adjust the alignment you can move the position slightly by using one of the positioning commands with + and - values in combination with fractional positions.

Code: Select all

[ROWCOL(+.3,+0)]
         \SSH.BILL_NAME%C 30%\
This moves down three tenths of a row.

Code: Select all

[ROWCOL(+.0,-.4)]X
This moves left four tenths of a character position. This kind of thing can be useful for positioning X's in check boxes, etc.
Note- Adjusting vertically affects all following rows. Adjusting horizontally only affects remaining data on that print line.
John

Post by John »

So RowCol is a new statement available in 4.3 and above?

I gather this will affect that line until it is canceled?

Could you give us an example of it being used, please?

I envision it being used like:

print fields #127, fields "1,1,G":rowcol(+.5,0)

Then anything printed on that line 1 would half way overlap onto line 2 and line 2-the end would be unaffected.

How close are my assumptions?

Perhaps we should make a RowCol page on the BRWiki so we can find this documentation later too.
GomezL

Post by GomezL »

This is a Printing Command:

PRINTER NWP [ROWCOL(ROW,COL)], "\E&aROWrCOLC" ! Set Position in Rows and Columns, Vertical, Horizontal. Use +- for Relative
PRINTER PCL [ROWCOL(ROW,COL)], "\E&aROWrCOLC" ! Set Position in Rows and Columns, Vertical, Horizontal. Use +- for Relative

I believe that this has been support from the earliest NWP days, and certainly PCL has supported it forever!

As long as you have a current Printer.SYS, it's defined.