Information and discussion about BR error codes.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin

John

Post by John »

Does anyone know anything about Error 0737?

-John
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Based on your documentation, where you show the problem and the solution, it looks like you got the error for illegally specifying the old style of "Window on a field" when you wanted to specify the new style.

It used to be that C 20/25 would create a C 25 field that fit in 20 characters of space. However, back in the 4.1 release notes somewhere there's a mention that they changed it to 20/C 25 to reduce confusion. You'll want to always specify the visible size of the control first, then the slash, then the field type, and finally, the data size of the control.

There is an option that allows things to still work the old way. I'm not sure but I think its Option 45.

http://brwiki.ads.net/index.php?title=O ... 8Config%29

Gabriel
gordon

Post by gordon »

E|0414 result array for FILE(... is wrong
E|0415 bad FILE$ information type specifier
E|0416 file is not a window
E|0418 env array data type is wrong
E|0737 attempt to set readonly mode for existing combo box
E|4616 failed initializing PDF library
E|6272 bad initializer for PJL mode

Thanks John to your notice we discovered these previously unpublished error codes.
John

Post by John »

Thank you Gordon - I added them to the brwiki... Strangely the new 400 series errors already had documentation, but for different meanings... so I just added these as "OR" summaries.

I believe the combobox documentation on the wiki might need some slight adjustment with regards to when [,Select] belongs and when it is inappropriate. I'll try to touch it up if I can get it ironed out :)

-John B.