[BR_forum] W2 4 up - corrected

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

GTISDALE at tisdalecpa...

Post by GTISDALE at tisdalecpa... »

Box 12 codes were not printing in quite the right place.

Attached program corrects this problem.

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
steve.koger at m-a-c-s...

Post by steve.koger at m-a-c-s... »

Wow! Thanks George for putting this together. Running into a problem though when I try to run it. Getting a 4203 error on line

01230 If NOT FORMS Then !: Open #(FORMS=FNGETHANDLE): "name="&ENV$("PD")&"prsyscforms,kfname="&ENV$("PD")&"prsyscformsx,shr",Internal,Input,Keyed !: ! ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿!: ! ³ open the forms master file for overlays - keyed ³!: ! ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

Am I missing the file “formsx”?

Steve

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net] On Behalf Of George Tisdale
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:48 AM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: [BR_forum] W2 4 up - corrected

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Kill the line. This was originally a PCL program that I have changed to NWP. It does not use the FORMS library file for saved forms.

George

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:56 PM
To: 'Business Rules Forum'
Subject: RE: [BR_forum] W2 4 up - corrected

Wow! Thanks George for putting this together. Running into a problem though when I try to run it. Getting a 4203 error on line

01230 If NOT FORMS Then !: Open #(FORMS=FNGETHANDLE): "name="&ENV$("PD")&"prsyscforms,kfname="&ENV$("PD")&"prsyscformsx,shr",Internal,Input,Keyed !: ! ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿!: ! ³ open the forms master file for overlays - keyed ³!: ! ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ

Steve

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net] On Behalf Of George Tisdale

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

George
Still having trouble getting this to work.  Sorry for all the trouble.   Now getting a 4203 in line 50220 of the fnsap.dll   

Steve

Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:18 PM

Kill the line. This was originally a PCL program that I have changed to NWP. It does not use the FORMS library file for saved forms.

George

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net] On Behalf Of Stephen Koger

Steve

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Doug helped me get past that as we have some issues with your “Vol002” and some substitute statements we have.  

Next issue..  I think our printer.sys must be different.  Can you post the printer.sys your using.

Thanks again
Steve

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 8:52 AM

George
Still having trouble getting this to work. Sorry for all the trouble. Now getting a 4203 in line 50220 of the fnsap.dll

Steve

George

Steve

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Attached is the PRINTER.SYS that I'm using.

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585
IRS Circular 230 Notice: "To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."

This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (978) 369-5585 or by electronic mail (gtisdale@tisdalecpa.com) Thank you.
Sent: 09/29/2008 10:48 AM

Doug helped me get past that as we have some issues with your “Vol002” and some substitute statements we have.

Next issue.. I think our printer.sys must be different. Can you post the printer.sys your using.

Thanks again
Steve

George
Still having trouble getting this to work. Sorry for all the trouble. Now getting a 4203 in line 50220 of the fnsap.dll

Steve

George

Steve

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Okay let me update you.   It didn’t turn out to be a Printer.sys problem.  Turned out to be a problem that I had remarked out the ‘Proc tt’  in the program because I did not have a ‘tt’   Doug supplied it to me and it works Great!

Even better it works about 98% on Apple too!  I need to do the usual position adjustment on the Mac because the Starting Point on the Page is off. But that is fixable!  This is Awesome  George!   Too late to implement this year because Forms have already been ordered.  But we will likely implement this for the Re-Prints.   We may also implement it to give them a PDF copy.

Going to contact you directly about another Form we would like to have using NWP.  

Steve

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:17 AM

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585
IRS Circular 230 Notice: "To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."
This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (978) 369-5585 or by electronic mail (gtisdale@tisdalecpa.com) Thank you.

Next issue.. I think our printer.sys must be different. Can you post the printer.sys your using.

Thanks again
Steve

George

Steve

George

Steve

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

GomezL at collectionso...

Post by GomezL at collectionso... »

I took a peek at George’s code, while it obviously took some effort to get it working, it’s just a bunch of “print boxes”. 

A few well placed images might be useful to include some special graphics like the “E-File” picture, but it seems simple enough.

I know that just printing a PCL macro might have been easier, but once you do the upfront design work, it shouldn’t be hard to implement.

I know that I like to make text templates that contain all the “code” for our documents.   These documents can be edited using notepad or any other text editor.   Making changes later is pretty easy.

Luis I. Gomez
GomezL@CollectionSoftware.com (GomezL@CollectionSoftware.com)
1-800-435-7257
Commercial Legal Software, Inc.
http://www.CollectionSoftware.com

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 12:25 PM

Okay let me update you. It didn’t turn out to be a Printer.sys problem. Turned out to be a problem that I had remarked out the ‘Proc tt’ in the program because I did not have a ‘tt’ Doug supplied it to me and it works Great!

Even better it works about 98% on Apple too! I need to do the usual position adjustment on the Mac because the Starting Point on the Page is off. But that is fixable! This is Awesome George! Too late to implement this year because Forms have already been ordered. But we will likely implement this for the Re-Prints. We may also implement it to give them a PDF copy.

Going to contact you directly about another Form we would like to have using NWP.

Steve

Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 10:17 AM

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

Thanks again
Steve

George

Steve

George

Steve

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Sq Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585