[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Ryan Faircloth

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by Ryan Faircloth »

the spoolfile, wsid and program variables are not being replaced correctly, this worked prior to 4.2 did I miss something in the release I need to update?

The spoolcmd being generated by BR is
SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=PREVIEW COPIES=1 WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

The brconfig.sys file has this in it
spoolcmd "SystemClient.EXE" SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]
gordon

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by gordon »

I think the spoolcmd is callable with the CONFIG command, so this should be easily confirmned.

Would you please do so?

gordon

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

the spoolfile, wsid and program variables are not being replaced correctly, this worked prior to 4.2 did I miss something in the release I need to update?

SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=PREVIEW COPIES=1 WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

spoolcmd "SystemClient.EXE" SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

Ryan Faircloth

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by Ryan Faircloth »

Sorry I don’t think I understood what you asked me to try.

I checked the status config and confirmed the spoolcmd there looks like I think it should, my example was shortened, the actual spoolcmd on my development copy is

spoolcmd "C:UsersryanfairclothDocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectssunsoftSystemClientbindebugSystemClient.EXE" SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:07 AM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

I think the spoolcmd is callable with the CONFIG command, so this should be easily confirmned.

Would you please do so?

gordon

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

gordon

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by gordon »

Why does the word "spoolcmd" appear twice?
gordon

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

I checked the status config and confirmed the spoolcmd there looks like I think it should, my example was shortened, the actual spoolcmd on my development copy is

spoolcmd "C:UsersryanfairclothDocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectssunsoftSystemClientbindebugSystemClient.EXE" SPOOLCMD FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye

Would you please do so?

gordon

Ryan Faircloth

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by Ryan Faircloth »

In my usage it always has. It tells the systemclient.exe that the arguments its getting are from spoolcmd.

Do you think that’s it?

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:58 AM

gordon

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net (br_forum-bounces@ads.net)] On Behalf Of Gordon Dye

Would you please do so?

gordon

gordon

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by gordon »

The word SPOOLCMD should appear once at the beginning of the spoolcmd statement. I don't know if this is affecting you, but I suggest that you correct the statement before researching other avenues.

gordon

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

In my usage it always has. It tells the systemclient.exe that the arguments its getting are from spoolcmd.

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon

Ryan Faircloth

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by Ryan Faircloth »

It doesn’t look like the second spoolcmd text is part of the issue, has anyone else used spoolcmd with 4.20 native client on windows?

If I put this in my brconfig.sys
spoolcmd C:UsersRYANFA~1DOCUME~1VISUAL~2ProjectssunsoftSYSTEM~1bindebugSYSTEM~1.EXE SC15 FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

The executable for spoolcmd is given these arguments
SC15 FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=PREVIEW COPIES=1 WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:56 AM

The word SPOOLCMD should appear once at the beginning of the spoolcmd statement. I don't know if this is affecting you, but I suggest that you correct the statement before researching other avenues.

gordon

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon

George Tisdale

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by George Tisdale »

I think that you are mixing apples and oranges.

SPOOLCMD is effected when you open a printer PRN:, When you open a printer for native windows printing you open it WiN: or PREVIEW: or PDF: This printing uses the windows spooler which is separate from the SPOOLCMD syntax.

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585
IRS Circular 230 Notice: "To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."
This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (978) 369-5585 or by electronic mail (gtisdale@tisdalecpa.com) Thank you.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Faircloth
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 5:36 PM

It doesn’t look like the second spoolcmd text is part of the issue, has anyone else used spoolcmd with 4.20 native client on windows?

spoolcmd C:UsersRYANFA~1DOCUME~1VISUAL~2ProjectssunsoftSYSTEM~1bindebugSYSTEM~1.EXE SC15 FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

gordon

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon

gordon

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by gordon »

One way to test SPOOLCMD is to call a batch file that ECHOes all of it's parameters and then pauses.

Then you can see what BR is passing.

gordon

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

gordon

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon

Ryan Faircloth

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by Ryan Faircloth »

By native I mean the exe labeled native. Not client/server or *nix

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of George Tisdale
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 8:40 PM

I think that you are mixing apples and oranges.

SPOOLCMD is effected when you open a printer PRN:, When you open a printer for native windows printing you open it WiN: or PREVIEW: or PDF: This printing uses the windows spooler which is separate from the SPOOLCMD syntax.

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585
IRS Circular 230 Notice: "To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."
This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (978) 369-5585 or by electronic mail (gtisdale@tisdalecpa.com) Thank you.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Ryan Faircloth
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 5:36 PM

gordon

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon

gordon

[BR_forum] 4.20 spoolcmd

Post by gordon »

Here is what I am suggesting:

spoolcmd C:UsersRYANFA~1DOCUME~1VISUAL~2ProjectssunsoftSYSTEM~1bindebugspooltest.bat SC15 FILE=[SPOOLFILE] PRINTER=[PRINTER] COPIES=[COPIES] WSID=[WSID] PROGRAM=[PROGRAM]

Where spooltest.bat contains:
ECHO SPOOLCMD %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 %10
PAUSE

This will let you see what is really happening. If BR is not operating to spec then please report the results of this test along with the image from STATUS CON that shows the SPOOLCMD in effect.

gordon

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Gordon Dye <gordon.dye@ads.net (gordon.dye@ads.net)> wrote:
One way to test SPOOLCMD is to call a batch file that ECHOes all of it's parameters and then pauses.

Then you can see what BR is passing.

gordon

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Ryan Faircloth <ryan@dss-i.com (ryan@dss-i.com)> wrote:

gordon

Do you think that’s it?

gordon

Would you please do so?

gordon