[BR_forum] buttonrow button height calculation

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

John

Post by John »

Does anyone know anything about how the height of buttonrow buttons is calculated. It seems that sometimes the same resolution displays different button row sizes and on a new computer here in our office the buttons are way way too large.
Is this something we can control at all? How is it calculated?

-john b.
John Bowman
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

John,

I use buttonrows and I'm not aware of any way that you can customize them at all. Between the two computers you are using... is the TEXT on the buttons smaller or larger? (not the actual height of the buttons, but the TEXT)

Is there a different setting for font size in Windows on the two machines? I have no idea if the buttonrow buttons inherit any of those Windows settings, but maybe?

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
Does anyone know anything about how the height of buttonrow buttons is calculated. It seems that sometimes the same resolution displays different button row sizes and on a new computer here in our office the buttons are way way too large.

-john b.

Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

They probably inherit some setting from windows, for Windows Themes, or Large Fonts, or something..

Gabriel

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM, John Bowman <gothnerd@gmail.com (gothnerd@gmail.com)> wrote:

Does anyone know anything about how the height of buttonrow buttons is calculated.  It seems that sometimes the same resolution displays different button row sizes and on a new computer here in our office the buttons are way way too large.
Is this something we can control at all?  How is it calculated?

-john b.

John

Post by John »

At this point I can rule out all windows setting except for monitor resolution.

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Gabriel Bakker
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 3:11 PM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] buttonrow button height calculation

They probably inherit some setting from windows, for Windows Themes, or Large Fonts, or something..

Gabriel

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM, John Bowman <gothnerd@gmail.com (gothnerd@gmail.com)> wrote:

-john b.

John Bowman
John

Post by John »

FYA - We figured out the cause was a resolution of 1920x1080 on the primary monitor.

-john

From: br_forum-bounces@ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@ads.net] On Behalf Of Susan Smith
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:24 AM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: Re: [BR_forum] buttonrow button height calculation

John,

I use buttonrows and I'm not aware of any way that you can customize them at all. Between the two computers you are using... is the TEXT on the buttons smaller or larger? (not the actual height of the buttons, but the TEXT)

Is there a different setting for font size in Windows on the two machines? I have no idea if the buttonrow buttons inherit any of those Windows settings, but maybe?

-- Susan

John Bowman wrote:

-john b.

_______________________________________________BR_forum mailing listBR_forum@ads.nethttp://ads.net/mailman/listinfo/br_forum_ads.net 
John Bowman