2020 BRG Conference - San Antonio NEED YOUR INPUT NOW

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

2020 BRG Conference - San Antonio NEED YOUR INPUT NOW

Post by Susan Smith »

Hi everybody!

We are laying the groundwork for our next BRG conference. It will be Thurs-Fri, April 30-May 1 in San Antonio, Texas at the beautiful Drury Plaza Hotel where we have been several times in the past. (The one with the pool on the roof.) They have renovated it since we were there in 2016, but it was already so nice that I can't imagine what they have done to improve it!

Before I can finish up the hotel details, It would help to know how many rooms we need. This helps us to avoid reserving rooms that we don't need (which the group has to pay for). It also makes sure that I reserve ENOUGH rooms so that no one gets left out in the cold (or warm) if the hotel is busy that weekend and sells out. I wouldn't want any of you to get left without a room! Please reply here with your expected check in/check out dates. We will have SOME wiggle room if you aren't sure, but the idea is to come as close as possible. You can email me if you would prefer not to make it public. The dates are Thursday-Friday April 30-May 1, 2020. Most people check in on Wednesday so they are ready to go promptly on Thursday morning for the conference. But maybe some of you want to extend your trip earlier or later to have a vacation. Let me know! (If you need double Queen rooms because you are bunking with someone else, tell me. We can't always get those rooms and I can't guarantee it, but I will try.)

As soon as I hear back from most of the "regulars" I will contact the hotel. Thanks for your prompt response. The hotel is waiting on me to proceed.

-- Susan
Gabriel

Re: 2020 BRG Conference - San Antonio NEED YOUR INPUT NOW

Post by Gabriel »

I'll be there, and Chris and I will be presenting a host of new and updated development tools we have built this year, that greatly improve the BR development experience.
Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Gabriel, what about hotel rooms? What day will you check in and out? And will Chris be bunking with you or in a separate room? Thanks!

Looking forward to you seeing your new stuff!

-- Susan
gordon

Post by gordon »

I would like to add to Gabriel's announcement.

I will shortly be issuing an annual support letter that describes a humongous change to BR. It is very exciting and dramatically changes the way programmers interact with BR.

I should have the letter out by this weekend.
gordon

Post by gordon »

A HUGE announcement concerning Business Rules!

Please see the attached 2019 Dealer Letter which introduces a whole new way of interacting with BR.

Essentially we are moving to a new platform which will pretty much replace the existing command console.

Please see the attached letter for details. And this also provides justification for attending this years conference.
Attachments
2019 Dealer Letter.pdf
(635.59 KiB) Downloaded 1688 times