Information and discussion about BR error codes.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin

John

Post by John »

I'm getting an error 2274 and it doesn't seem to make sense
The brwiki says this:
Error 2274
Summary: Function in use
Cause: A function being processed by a Library statement was previously linked to another library and is currently active.
Remedy: Wait until execution of the function is complete before attempting to execute the Library statement.

It is on a library statement, but the path is there and everything looks right. any ideas?
John Bowman
John

Re: 2274

Post by John »

It appears to have something to do with switching back and forth between
config filenames upper_case and config filenames mixed_case.

Despite the fact that I was under mixed case and my capitalization was correct I would get the 2274 error anyway. Removed the bouncing back and forth and it works fine.
John Bowman
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

You gotta give us more details to go off of when you're asking for help.

The only time I ran into that error was in some complicated code where many layers of libraries were calling each other recursively and simultaneously i was doing tricky stuff where i linked using the same function name to one of two different libraries depending on a parameter.

Nothing in BR is case sensitive and the code after its compiled probably doesn't even remember the case so its hard to imagine that the case setting triggered this .. can you send us a code example?

If that error was triggered by some sort of case sensitivity thing then that's a bug that needs to be fixed. Please send an example in order to help us fix it.
John

Post by John »

Sorry Gabriel, I gave it a few hours but I'm not able to duplicate the issue outside of my real environment. In the stripped down version it works as it should, but in my live environment, the removal of the lines that execute con filenames mixed_case con filenames upper_case fixes the issue. I'm glad I put some notes here, in case someone else has a similar issue later, it may provide a clue.

-John
John Bowman