TMPIDX

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

HolmstromB

TMPIDX

Post by HolmstromB »

Good afternoon,

Has anyone used the new OPEN option "TMPIDX". I can't seem to get the syntax correct.
Bryan Holmstrom
John

Re: TMPIDX

Post by John »

I am having trouble getting TMPIDX to work too... Does anyone have a functional example?

Currently I have tried:

00750 open #1: "Name=Q:\UBmstr\Customer.h"&str$(cno)&",KFName="&env$('temp')&"\customer_name"&session$&".h"&str$(cno)&",KPs=11,KLn=30,TMPIDX,Shr",internal,input,keyed

and

00750 open #1: "Name=Q:\UBmstr\Customer.h"&str$(cno)&",KFName="&env$('temp')&"\customer_name"&session$&".h"&str$(cno)&",KPs=11,KLn=30,TMPIDX,Shr",internal,OUTIN,keyed

I've also tried moving the tmpidx parameter outside the quotes with internal, and dropping the Shr. The BRWiki page (http://brwiki2.brulescorp.com/index.php ... n_Internal) on it has very little to say on the subject and doesn't show it in the syntax picture nor text diagrams.

I'd really like to make this work - any help would be appreciated.

-John
John Bowman
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

I didn't know about TMPIDX! what does it do?
John

Post by John »

The BRWiki says:
"Temporary Indexes
TMPIDX is a new parameter in the OPEN string. This specifies that the index should be created when the file is opened and removed when the file is closed. "

I remember it from reading some release notes... not sure what version but definitely a few years back.

The only other thing on the wiki I can find about them is the 4890 error code.

:idea: Perhaps we could start including BR version numbers on new features when they are added in the wiki. Everything says it's "new", even if it isn't.
John Bowman
John

Post by John »

So is this TmpIdx thing supposed to work? Does anyone have a functional example?
John Bowman