Font Size with GUI OFF

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Gabriel

Font Size with GUI OFF

Post by Gabriel »

Question:

With GUI off, one computer makes the font bigger when they maximize the window, making things easier for them to read. They really like that because their old version of WB wouldn't go full-screen. Their primary reason for hiring me was because they were all going blind because their wb windows were always so small they had to slump forward in their chairs and squint at the screen.
image (2).png
image (2).png (60.17 KiB) Viewed 11888 times
The same programs running on the other computers use a little font with more space between the lines.
image (1).png
image (1).png (101.61 KiB) Viewed 11888 times
What could cause that? Why would the same program run differently on different computers? Is there a min font-size setting? How can I make it use the larger font everywhere when GUI is off?

Gabriel
Susan Smith

Re: Font Size with GUI OFF

Post by Susan Smith »

Is the BRCONFIG.SYS file the same for both computers? Are the same fonts installed on both? The first screen (larger one) looks like it is using Lucinda Console. I use that quite a bit myself when I need a non-proportional font - especially for printing. If SystemPC is not installed (the default), then BR will use the first non-proportional font it sees. That appears to be your problem. If you install SYSTEMPC on both computers, I bet they will look the same.

-- Susan

http://brwiki2.brulescorp.com/index.php ... 8Config%29
gordon

Re: Font Size with GUI OFF

Post by gordon »

If you look at the zeroes you can clearly see that the first image is of a different font than the second one. Over the years we standardized on the System PC font which may be in the second image. However the second image could also be TERMINAL which, with respect to size, is a slight improvement over System PC. I am about to drop the System PC default in 4.3 in favor of LUCIDA CONSOLE, which may be the font in the first image.

I recently upgraded several of my customers by placing a FONT LUCIDA CONSOLE statement in their config.sys file.