Drive REmapping

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

John

Drive REmapping

Post by John »

I need to change my BR Drive mapping at certain times. So I use "Config Drive" statements to set them. A problem I am encountering is that when I've already set it once for a given drive letter trying to change results in an error 1006. Simply changing the drive letter to one I haven't used yet works and shows that the command otherwise is correct. Is there a way I can reset drive letter so that I can make second or third+ Config Drive statements function like they do the first time?
John Bowman
John

Re: Drive REmapping

Post by John »

So - I found a simple enough work around. I changed all (5,743) references to Q: in my software to env$('Q') and set that environment variable to the path instead of using a virtual drive. Gee, these environment variables sure do make a whole lot of things easier.
John Bowman
David Bohlke

Post by David Bohlke »

Doesn't that require you to set the environment variable before starting up BR?
Not sure, but I think an easier solution would be config substitute which can be done on the fly within BR. e.g. config sub q: c:\whatever
John

Post by John »

I am actually also using a config substitute to make fileio work. I have some default locations for data to reside (%programdata%\ACS\etc) but sometimes I do set the environment variable in my brconfig.sys.
i.e.

Code: Select all

SetEnv Data \\LITTLE_KOI\Users\John\OneDrive\ACS\Dev-5 Data
John Bowman