[BR_forum] br-electric-fence-leaks.txt

More advanced topics discussed.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Does anyone know anything about a file that's being created automatically (by BR I believe) called br-electric-fence-leaks.txt? I believe BR is creating it because I see Dan's name in the file. I'll attach it here.

I'm testing some user-contributed code for the conference flash drives (running BR directly from the flash drive), and this file keeps popping up in the root directory of the drive. The BR version that is running is 4.18c. The BR exe file has been renamed, so I don't know FOR SURE what the version date is or if it is a debug version, but my understanding is that it's the most current release of 4.18 up on the FTP site - the August 22 version.

-- Susan

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
GTISDALE at tisdalecpa...

Post by GTISDALE at tisdalecpa... »

It's a debug thing that Dan puts out there to try to spot memory corruption "things". It started I think in the 4.17 series.

George

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net] On Behalf Of Susan Smith
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:53 PM
To: Business Rules Forum
Subject: [BR_forum] br-electric-fence-leaks.txt

Does anyone know anything about a file that's being created automatically (by BR I believe) called br-electric-fence-leaks.txt? I believe BR is creating it because I see Dan's name in the file. I'll attach it here.

I'm testing some user-contributed code for the conference flash drives (running BR directly from the flash drive), and this file keeps popping up in the root directory of the drive. The BR version that is running is 4.18c. The BR exe file has been renamed, so I don't know FOR SURE what the version date is or if it is a debug version, but my understanding is that it's the most current release of 4.18 up on the FTP site - the August 22 version.

-- Susan

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Ah... that's sort of what I was thinking. I haven't used the debug versions before, so this is the first I've seen of it. Thanks.

-- Susan

George Tisdale wrote:
It's a debug thing that Dan puts out there to try to spot memory corruption "things". It started I think in the 4.17 series.

George

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net (br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net (br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net)] On Behalf Of Susan Smith

-- Susan
gothnerd at gmail.com

Post by gothnerd at gmail.com »

i added br-electric-fence-leaks.txt to the library of terms you may search for on the BR Wiki. It's a pretty weak definition though, but clearly better than none at all

-john

2008/9/3 Susan Smith <susan@creativelyspeaking.net (susan@creativelyspeaking.net)>
Ah... that's sort of what I was thinking. I haven't used the debug versions before, so this is the first I've seen of it. Thanks.

-- Susan

George Tisdale wrote:

George

From: br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net (br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net) [mailto:br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net (br_forum-bounces@maillist.ads.net)] On Behalf Of Susan Smith

-- Susan