[BR_forum] Re: FW: Red x in upper right hand corner

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Gabriel

[BR_forum] Re: FW: Red x in upper right hand corner

Post by Gabriel »

I dont know why the forum keeps missing sending emails to you.

I have noticed its been unusually quite these past couple weeks, I'm not sure if thats because the forums having problems, or because everyone's just been quiet lately.

But I do get your emails, even the ones you send to the forum... So maybe it just has a problem with your email address.

Get Susan on the phone and get her to troubleshoot it with you .. there's probably a problem with your mailing address or spam filter or something.

One answer is to make your programs handle "FKEY 93" which signifies that the windows "X" has been clicked on. You could ignore FKEY 93, or else write code that gracefully exits your programs. If you just want to make them ignore fkey 93, that should be an easy fix in your programs, but it probably wouldn't be too bad to just make the FKEY 93 X button work.

The behavior of FKEY 93 has a lot to do with which version of BR you are running.

If you are running some version of 4.0 like 4.03jx then upgrading to the latest version of 4.03 which i believe is 4.03ky will probably solve your problem.

It seems like there was a glitch in some non-gui versions of BR where clicking the X in the upper right corner caused BR to hang or something. Its possible thats what you're experiencing.

Gabriel

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Larry <ltietz@verizon.net (ltietz@verizon.net)> wrote:
Gabriel, since you seem to be "on the forum" at the moment, maybe you could
forward for me?

I don't seem to be reaching for some reason

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry [mailto:ltietz@verizon.net (ltietz@verizon.net)]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:36 PM
To: 'Business Rules Forum'
Subject: Red x in upper right hand corner

Can the Red x in the upper right corner be disabled? Or redirected?

Client system freezes when he closes that way. BR is now too windowsy.
Since he closes everything else that way, he closes BR and it freezes up.

Thanks

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)