2010 Spring BRG Conference in Boston

Discussion and announcements related to the BRGroup and ADS conferences.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

2010 Spring BRG Conference in Boston

Post by Susan Smith »

I've been asked about details for the Spring Conference. The dates are April 22-24, 2010 in Boston, MA at the Embassy Suites. I am attaching the announcement that was printed in the 2009 conference book to this message. If you are reading this in the OLD forum, you won't get the attachment.

More details will be announced as we go along, including an itinerary - just as soon as it's ready. The planning has begun! Registration won't begin for a bit, but DO save those dates.

I hope to see everybody there. It will be a special conference in a truly special place. If you have never been to Boston, you won't want to miss this. Some people are bringing family and staying for a few extra days to take in the sights and sites.

-- Susan
Attachments
2010 Conference Announcment.pdf
(255.79 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
John

Post by John »

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

For those of you who have gone online to the Hilton/Embassy Suites site and seen the room rates for the Spring (which are $250-$300 per night), we have negotiated a $149 room rate for our conference which includes a hot made-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception plus some other benefits just for conference attendees. It's VERY reasonable for this area which has much higher hotel prices than other places we have been in the past. We'll talk about the hotel details when registration opens.

I didn't mean to send a panic. A head's up for you Priceliners: all attendees will need to register under the conference room rate (which will be accessible via a special code that we'll have when registration opens). We have guaranteed the hotel a certain number of guest room nights in order to negotiate a better room rate than the general public gets as well as to get a discount on our conference room rental rate which is pretty pricey here. If we don't meet those minimums, we have to pay a lot more. Just letting you know in advance in the interest of full disclosure :)

-- Susan