[BR_forum] Transparent attribute on PRINT FIELDS

General development discussion.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Regarding the Transparent attribute for print fields: is there any reason not to ALWAYS use this? I can see why you'd want it if you were placing text over a graphical background image. That's probably a major reason why it was added.

But doesn't it work the same way over a plain background? So when would you NOT want to use transparent? I think I'm missing something.

-- Susan
John

Post by John »

sometimes you might want to let people choose their own background image, in which case you may want the text to force the color of it's background so you can always read it no matter the dynamic background...  maybe...

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Susan Smith <susan@creativelyspeaking.net (susan@creativelyspeaking.net)> wrote:
Regarding the Transparent attribute for print fields: is there any reason not to ALWAYS use this? I can see why you'd want it if you were placing text over a graphical background image. That's probably a major reason why it was added.

But doesn't it work the same way over a plain background? So when would you NOT want to use transparent? I think I'm missing something.

-- Susan

John Bowman
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

When you want to Highlight something (as in a highlighter).

Gabriel

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Susan Smith <susan@creativelyspeaking.net (susan@creativelyspeaking.net)> wrote:

-- Susan

Susan Smith

Post by Susan Smith »

Oh yes, I can see that. I guess for almost all purposes, I'll use the T attribute. Then I don't have to worry about what I'm using as a background image, unless my text might not be visible easily on it.

-- Susan

Gabriel Bakker wrote:
When you want to Highlight something (as in a highlighter).

Gabriel

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Susan Smith <susan@creativelyspeaking.net (susan@creativelyspeaking.net)> wrote:

-- Susan