[BR_forum] Under scores in a report

Discussion about printing issues and techniques.

Moderators: Susan Smith, admin, Gabriel

gtisdale

[BR_forum] Under scores in a report

Post by gtisdale »

In NWP there is a substitute [UNDERSCORE] and [OVERSCORE] which do a good job. However, since I’m an accountant and deal with number reports all the time the variable length underscores that these provide do not look as neat as I would like them to be. As a result I have added a new function to my repertoire FNUNDERSCORE.

This will be in FNSNAP.dll the next time I upload a copy. For the time being I thought I’d share on the new forum the function.

This is intended to be used in NWP/PDF only, not PCL because it relies on the right justification in NWP for alignment. The h position is therefore the right hand side of the column of figures, not the left. For the function to work you must have activated “[BOXVERTICALS]” by printing that to the print job at some point prior to invoking the function. You will need to do this anyway in order for right and center justification to work.

44300 DEF LIBRARY FNUNDERSCORE$*500(V,H,L;OPT,HT,W) !:
! v vertical position in inches !:
! h horizontal position in inches !:
! L line length in inches !:
! OPT 0 underscore !:
! 1 under and overscore !:
! 2 double underscore and single overscore !:
! 3 double underscore only !:
! ht height of line for overscore default is 1/8 inch !:
! w weight of line default is 0.01 inch
44305 LIBRARY ENV$("PD")&"vol002fnsnap.dll": FNPRINTBOX$,FNPRINTNWP$
44310 DIM U$*500
44315 IF NOT HT THEN LET HT=1/8
44320 IF NOT W THEN LET W=.01
44325 LET U$=FNPRINTBOX$(V,H-L,W,L,100)
44330 IF OPT>0 THEN LET U$=U$&FNPRINTBOX$(V-HT,H-L,W,L,100)
44335 IF OPT>1 THEN LET U$=U$&FNPRINTBOX$(V+2*W,H-L,W,L,100)
44340 IF OPT=3 THEN LET U$=FNPRINTBOX$(V,H-L,W,L,100)&FNPRINTBOX$(V+2*W,H-L,W,L,100)
44345 LET FNUNDERSCORE$=U$
44350 FNEND

George L. Tisdale, CPA
Tisdale CPA
75 Junction Square Drive
Concord, MA 01742
(978) 369-5585

IRS Circular 230 Notice: "To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."

This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by calling (978) 369-5585 or by electronic mail (gtisdale@tisdalecpa.com) Thank you.